I am proud to say that we have survived day one of our Europe trip. We arrived safely but emotionally damaged (see below).
After an extensive study of the French culture, I have a few observations...
1) French stewardesses are actually very rude.
Example: The lady sitting next to me was holding her sister's baby while she prepared a bottle. She couldn't sit down immediately because only parents are allowed to hold their children during take-off. A stewardess came to my neighbor and stated, "So, it's because of you our plane is delayed" and walked off.
2) American tourists are actually annoying.
Example: A group of U.S. teenagers located behind us on the plane talked loudly and refused to eat the in-flight meals. Also, during the descent the girl directly behind Rebecka projectile vomited. Unlike a normal person, the girl had no remorse but laughed about spraying the passengers in-front of her. Poor Rebecka.
3) French people enjoy ripping off Americans
Example: 1) The currency changers charged a 25% premium on the actual exchange rate
2) A group of street peddlers demanded 10 Euro for a string bracelet they made within seconds. I was conned into the whole ordeal when they asked to look at my hand... he then started to form the bracelet on me.
Note: I refused to pay 10 Euro and he threatened to cut off my finger. (Just kidding, Mom)
4) On a positive note, Paris is worth seeing.
Example: See pictures of Sacré-Cœur Basilica (the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus). We climbed 300 steps to the top dome which gives an amazing view of Paris.